Our vision is to enable the whole Riverside community to achieve, enjoy learning and aspire to be the best they can be. Our positive “Riverside Attitude” expects everyone to work together, communicate and show respect. We build strong partnerships with parents, carers and other professionals, delivering a fun, rich and varied curriculum. Through this we enable all pupils at Riverside to succeed, engage in their learning, be independent and ready for the next step in their lives.
This was created by all staff and Governors of Riverside Primary School and Children's Centre.
To support this vision we have developed a school motto. We aim for everyone at Riverside to be Happy, Helpful and Hard-working.
In addition, we have a set of values words which sum up the key principles of our school. These words are:
Enjoy, Achieve, Teamwork, Respect, Communicate, Independence and Resilience.
We endeavour to bring our vision to life by:
• Encouraging and modelling a respectful attitude towards all adults and children
• Helping children to develop good communication skills so they can express
themselves clearly and listen well
• Ensuring children leave our school with a good standard of basic skills to prepare
them for the future
• Valuing individual children’s effort as well as their achievement
• Providing children with the skills to think and learn independently across the
• Ensuring there are equal opportunities for all at Riverside Primary School and
Nursery, regardless of race, culture, gender, sexual orientation or family
• Developing strong partnerships with parents and carers
• Creating a calm and stimulating environment, designed to foster a love of learning
in which all those involved with our children’s education work together for the
successful achievement of these aims.