During our Harvest assembly, Otters explained how to make salt dough. Otters used lots of fronted adverbials to explain how to carry out each part of the method. We have attached the recipe for you all to enjoy and try at home. You don't have to make fruit and vegetables with the salt dough, you could make anything.
Salt dough fruit and vegetables
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 1 cup of water
- In a large bowl, mix salt and flour together.
- Gradually, stir water into the dry ingredients.
- Thoroughly, mix the ingredients until it forms a doughy consistency.
- Next, turn the dough onto the bench
- Firmly, kneed with your hands until smooth and combined.
- As soon as you can, start to make your vegetable using the salt dough.
- Slowly, add lots of detail to your vegetable to make it realistic.
- Evenly, place the salt dough creations onto a tray and into the oven at 180C.
- Frequently, check your creations to make sure they do not burn.
- Patiently, wait for the salt dough to cool.
- Carefully, paint your vegetables and leave to dry.
- The next day, varnish your creation using PVA glue to make it shiny and strong.