Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Robson
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads:
Mrs Huggett, Miss Tullett, Mrs Wood
Emergency Contact Details
- Duty Officer/Medway First Response Service: 01634 334466
- Local Authority LADO: Stephanie Pell 01634 331065
- Police: 999 / 101 (Non Emergency)
- Prevent Referral: email@example.com
- Whistleblowing Academy Committee Member: Mr K Taylor
- FGM Trained Staff: Mrs Aldous, Miss Collins, Miss Smallman, Mrs Foster,Miss Webber
- Online-safety Academy Committee Member: Mr Carter
- CEOPs Local Academy Committee Member: Mr K Taylor
The NSPCC is the UK's leading children's charity, preventing abuse and helping those affected to recover.
For advice or referrals call the local office call 01634 564688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Domestic abuse support services in Kent and Medway
www.domesticabuseservices.org.uk or call 0808 200 0247 for the National Domestic Abuse helpline
Medway Family Information Directory
Your local resource for news, services and information aimed at supporting you and your family – www.medwayfisd.com or call 01634 335566
This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We Safeguard Children In Our School By...
- Having designated safeguarding staff; Mrs Robson (Head of School), Mrs Huggett (Assistant Headteacher and Inclusion Manager), Miss Tullett (Assistant Headteacher), Mrs Wood (Home School Support Worker) and make sure they are well trained.
- Having clear steps to follow if anyone is worried or concerned. We ask the Medway Safeguarding Children Partnership for advice if we need it.
- Ensuring our curriculum helps children understand how to keep themselves safe and know what to do if they need help.
- Encouraging all our children, parents/carers and staff to be themselves, no matter what their race, religion, family background or state of health.
- Making sure we know why children are off school, and helping them to be in school if we can.
- Attending meetings about individual children or families to plan any support they may need, working with other professionals where necessary.
- Making sure that personal information is kept confidential.
- Being open and honest with children and parents/carers when something is wrong and working together with them to make things better.
- Working with the Police as part of Operation Encompass, which ensures we receive timely information about incidents that have happened at home which may impact on children.