Designated Safeguarding Leads
Emergency Contact Details:
Duty Officer 01634 334466
Local Authority LADO - Stephanie Pell 01634 331229
Police 999 / 101 (Non Emergency)
Prevent Referral email@example.com
Whistleblowing Governor - Dave Brockman
FGM Trained Staff - Mrs Aldous, Miss Zeuli & Mr Sullivan-Stanley
Online-safety & CEOPs Governor - Simon Carter
The NSPCC is the UK's leading children's charity, preventing abuse and helping those affected to recover.
For advice or referrals call the local office call 01634 564688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Domestic abuse support services in Kent and Medway – www.domesticabuseservices.org.uk or call 0808 200 0247 for the National Domestic Abuse helpline
Medway Family Information Directory
Your local resource for news, services and information aimed at supporting you and your family – www.medwayfisd.com or call 01634 335566
We Safeguard Children In Our School By...
- Having designated safeguarding staff; Mrs Wilmer (Headteacher), Mrs Robson (Deputy Headteacher), Mrs Huggett (Inclusion Manager), Mrs Gordon (Business Manager) and Mr Brockman (Safeguarding Governor) and making sure they are well trained.
- Having clear steps to follow if anyone is worried or concerned. We ask the Medway Safeguarding Children Partnership for advice if we need it.
- Ensuring our curriculum helps children understand how to keep themselves safe and know what to do if they need help.
- Encouraging all our children, parents/carers and staff to be themselves, no matter what their race, religion, family background or state of health.
- Making sure we know why children are off school, and helping them to be in school if we can.
- Attending meetings about individual children or families to plan any support they may need, working with other professionals where necessary.
- Making sure that personal information is kept confidential.
- Being open and honest with children and parents/carers when something is wrong and working together with them to make things better.
- Working with the Police as part of Operation Encompass, which ensures we receive timely information about incidents that have happened at home which may impact on children.